- Monkeypod in Wailea (the BEST Mai Tais, friendliest bartenders and free pie)
- Leoda’s Pie Shop (delicious sandwiches to grab and eat at Kalepolepo beach)
- Maui Tropical Plantation (beautiful setting to enjoy a meal)
- Pa’ia Fish Market (great fish in Pa’ia)
The Road to Hana is a 65-mile journey in Maui, Hawaii. Beginning in Paia, the Road to Hana winds alongside Maui’s oceanside coast, with frequent switchbacks and breathtaking scenery. Needless to say, it’s quite a trek. On a cloudy Maui day, we set out to tackle the Road to Hana, once and for all.
Prior to departing, it is necessary to fill up one’s gas tank, pack snacks and water and secure directions (we used the Road to Hana Driving Tour). Cellular connection can be spotty alongside the coast so the app came in handy to recommend stopping points and direct our journey.
Favorite Road to Hana Stops
- Keanae Lookout
- Aunt Sandy’s Banana Bread (allegedly the best)
- Wainapanapa Black Sand Beach (such a fascinating natural occurrence!)
- Hana Fresh (great smoothies + sandwiches in Hana)
- The drive itself!
The views are incredible. Given the rain, we observed many waterfalls from our rental car. Similarly, we were not able to make it to the Seven Sacred Pools due to their December closure. I’d love to hear your Road to Hana tips and adventures!